Commercial Finance Manager
Are you an experienced senior commercial/finance professional? Are you looking for a new challenge to lead and develop a commercial strategy? Reporting to the company Directors, the role of commercial/finance manager will involve you overseeing the finance department and working closely with the Managing Director, Sales Director and Operations Manager, acting as a conduit between key stakeholders in the business with a focus on commercial and contractual activities.
In addition to maintaining tight financial disciplines both in the UK business and its African subsidiaries, this new position will allow the role holder to own and build on contract relationships which include service agreements with industry-leading OEM’s, defence-related contracts, cooperation agreements with international partners and a supply chain which provides critical spares and manufacturing expertise.
With a keen eye for detail and sound commercial mind, you will be involved in discussions on existing and new opportunities. This is a wide and varied role so you will be expected to be working across multiple initiatives to drive value, profitability and innovation.
- Maintaining finance disciplines within the UK and African operations
- Producing detailed financial information including forecasts and budgets
- Cash management within the business both in the UK and Africa
- Oversee the IT infrastructure within the business
- Driving the profitability of the business, through cost control and resource utilisation
- Reducing financial and operational risks within the business
- Liaising with legal and insurance professionals in support of the business
- Overseeing Contract Management – Pre-qualification/feasibility, tendering, governance & contract close
- Overseeing procurement activities and negotiation with prime contractors
- Liaising with the parent company, auditors and tax advisors
- Sound financial accounting skills
- Cost Accounting experience
- A strong commercial awareness – you know how to make a profit whilst maintaining strong relationships, delivering quality and staying fully aligned to company values
- Excellent negotiation skills with experience of contractual terms and conditions preferred
- An innovator, someone who can spot an opportunity to best serve the interests of customers and the company.
- Effective commercial/contract management skills, with clear knowledge of best-practice methodologies.
- The role will require the post holder to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to converse at all levels.
- Computer savvy and excellent skills in operating MS Office suite of software and detailed knowledge of mainstream accounting / costing systems and reporting.
- Able to adopt and project manage new systems in the management of critical information for recording and reporting on activities.
- You will be required periodically to travel nationally and internationally. In particular to oversee the finance functions in South Africa and Namibia.
If you believe that you have the skills and experience to excel in this role, we want to hear from you. This is an employer direct opportunity, recruitment agencies who are not on our vendor list should not present candidates. If you do you will receive no recompense.
Additional information: Due to the nature of the role, there will be a relative amount of additional requirements to work out with normal working hours, in order that a professional and timely service is provided. Any paid overtime requires authorisation by the Operations Manager.