Project & Contracts Engineer/Manager
We are currently looking to strengthen our team in Inverkeithing by adding a Project and Contracts Engineer/Manager.
These roles are open to the following applicants:
- Postgraduate applications with a view to development in the role
- Experienced candidates with a view to a Management role
- Candidates looking for their next move up the ladder in a projects and contracts environment
Positions will be to provide project management support within the service department to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and efficiently. Providing support and guidance to the business regarding pricing, terms & conditions and commercial awareness. Preparation of commercial elements for tenders, contracts, bids and contract amendments.
- To have the technical knowledge and understanding of full product range SMS offer in order to deliver service projects on time, within budget and efficiently. Training can be given.
- Undertake the role of Project Lead to include preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring all assigned projects.
- Experienced in project delivery of full project lifecycle experience from bid phase to closeout.
- Liaising with clients to communicate project updates.
- Develop and deliver project objectives by reviewing project plans, resolve problems and coordinating activity.
- Determine project tasks and produce project plans to meet contractual obligations.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and detail, investigate work instructions and agree on correct work scope in accordance with requirements.
- Ensure all technical documentation is controlled, maintained and updated as required in accordance with company Quality procedures in relation to the specific project being owned.
- Produce Risk Assessments & Method Statements as part of Health & Safety regulations.
- Review and analysis of technical information included in service reports to ensure both technical and commercial content are in compliance.
- Produce clear, accurate and defined Scope of Work Instruction to Sub-Contractors.
- Ensure technical requirements are agreed at SMS toolbox talks that encompass the requirements of the agreed work scope, ensuring the designated engineers are competent and fully aware of the expectations laid upon them.
- Respond to service requests internally within agreed operational procedures and service level agreements.
- Commercial awareness regarding meeting tight deadlines and targets.
- Experience of working in an organised engineering environment, demonstrate high motivation and adaptability with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of core project management techniques.
- Strong awareness of engineering principles.
- Awareness of common project challenges.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Projects & SAP.
- Excellent organisational skills and work well in a team environment to achieve objectives.
- Work efficiently to complete objectives and react accordingly to changing priorities and workloads.
- This position requires a person who is willing to visit sub-contractors to ensure that the quality of the product is maintained to the highest level of quality to meet classification requirements where necessary.
- This may involve travelling to their premises on a regular basis.
See full job description here: Project Contracts Engineer – Manager Job Description
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org