Stone Marine Services are recruiting for a Project Engineer who will be based at our facility in Inverkeithing.
The role is to provide engineering and technical project support within the service department to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget & efficiently. You will be working in a fast-paced, challenging environment across a variety of marine projects. This will include different projects types ranging from Royal Navy Warships and support vessels to large scale rig work and ship overhauls, specifically underwater repair.
This is an exciting role that demands a high degree of engineering expertise and we would encourage candidates who have experience in the marine environment. Stone Marine Services have an enviable reputation in ship repair globally with customers worldwide. We have a diverse portfolio of contracts, cooperation’s and clients which offers an exciting long-term opportunity for the right candidate.
- To have the technical knowledge and understanding of the full product range SMS offer in order to deliver service projects on time, within budget and efficiently.
- Undertake the role of Project Lead to include preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring all assigned projects
- Liaising with clients to communicate project updates
- Develop and deliver project objectives by reviewing project plans, resolve problems and coordinating activity
- Determine project tasks and produce project plans to meet contractual obligations
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and detail, investigate work instructions and agree on correct work scope in accordance with requirements
- Ensure all technical documentation is controlled, maintained and updated as required in accordance with company Quality procedures in relation to the specific project being owned
- Produce Risk Assessments & Method Statements as part of Health & Safety regulations.
- Review and analysis of technical information included in service reports to ensure both technical and commercial content are in compliance
- Produce clear, accurate and defined Scope of Work Instruction to Sub-Contractors
- Commercial awareness regarding meeting tight deadlines and targets
- Experience of working in an organised engineering environment, demonstrate high motivation and adaptability with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in core project management techniques
- Strong awareness of engineering principles, preferably Marine
- Awareness of common project challenges
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Projects & SAP
- Excellent organisational skills and work well in a team environment to achieve objectives
- Work efficiently to complete objectives and react accordingly to changing priorities and workloads
- This position requires a person who is willing to visit sub-contractors to ensure that the quality of the product is maintained to the highest level of quality to meet classification requirements where necessary
- This may involve travelling to their premises on a regular basis and potential overseas travel.
See full job description here: Project Engineer – Job Description
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org