Stone Marine Services is seeking an experienced Operations Manager with good management skills and the ability to lead, mentor and motivate a highly skilled team within our facility in Inverkeithing.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for several disciplines, including resourcing, utilization, planning, quality, and health and safety. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business with a great culture. At Stone Marine Services we offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
Summary of Requirements:
- Managing 3 key operational areas; workshop, service engineers, and service support across the UK, Namibia, and South Africa sites.
- Oversee day-to-day operations ensuring all aspects are carried out in a timely and efficient manner
- Responsible for managing H&S compliance on site
- Drive KPI’s and stakeholder relations
- Ensure a customer-first approach is adopted and maintained
- Overseeing quality compliance on-site to ensure accreditation is maintained
- Develop and motivate operational colleagues
- Ensure all organisational processes, policies and goals are completed within the requirements set out, by educating, mentoring, and training the operations team
- Ensure customer billing and reporting is done within agreed KPI’s
- Imbed commercial thinking into the operational area ensuring that budgets are achieved
- Other activities as required
- 5 to 8 years of experience in heavy engineering or service related business
- Minimum Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Engineering
- Has sufficient experience in Project Engineering
- Systems Knowledge in MS Office, MS Project, SAP or similar
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate strong-minded direct reports
- Can demonstrate a history of continuous improvement to drive the department forward
- Experience in implementing and delivering KPI’s
- Commercially minded with proven experience in budgetary control and revenue maximisation
- Travel will be required <25% time
- IOSH certification advantageous