Mechanical Field Service Engineer
Following a succession of contract wins, Stone Marine Services is looking for a field-based mechanical engineer to join the team. This role would suit engineers with marine, oil & gas and heavy plant experience with 7+ years of experience. You should be comfortable working with rotating equipment, oil lubrication systems, gearsets, bearings and couplings.
Boasting three service centres and a field service team operating from China to the U.S., you can look forward to a secure and rewarding future. You can expect an industry-leading salary package with one of the largest independent repair specialists in the world. Factory training, development opportunities and the potential to grow and up-skill in new areas make this a unique and exciting role. Not restricted to one product, this is an opportunity to work across different equipment types, from Rigs to Tugs and everything in between. Suitably qualified candidates with the right to live and work in Europe or the United Kingdom need only apply. The roles are immediate. *unfortunately, there are no sponsorship opportunities*
Stone Marine Services specialises in the repair and maintenance of ship’s propulsion systems and ancillary equipment, which includes controllable pitch propellers, thrusters, shaft stern-seals, gearboxes, steering gear and deck machinery. Due to expansion, we are currently looking to recruit experienced Field Service Engineers to join our engineering team who can bring extensive engineering and mechanical skills along with a strong customer focus.
To succeed in this role, you must possess a knowledge of mechanical engineering and hydraulic systems, ideally with some electrical aptitude. The candidate must have adequate technical supervisory expertise to work on their own proficiently and professionally.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing service, maintenance, and repair, including final commissioning of client equipment without direct supervision, within a pre-set timescale to a high standard
- Accustomed to working from mechanical drawings to diagnose and solve challenges.
- Provide detailed technical reports on work carried out, providing recommendations for further work necessary to restore equipment to optimum operating efficiency
- Interacting with clients to ensure work is being carried out to their satisfaction
- To complete service reports/timesheets promptly and accurately
- To maintain regular contact with the Service Manager(s) and Support Staff
- A willingness to learn and a positive attitude are essential
- Experienced in Mechanical Engineering with the ability to read and understand drawings
- You must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and be well-structured with good attention to detail.
- You should possess a current passport and driving licence and be prepared for considerable travel throughout the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
- Have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom or Europe
- High potential earnings with significant overtime. 28 days holiday (inc. statutory holidays) Extensive domestic and international travel; Significant overtime matched to high base salary, company pension scheme, provision of company PPE, credit card, mobile telephone and laptop.
Please apply below and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org